top of page



TRWU white icon.png

If you or your whānau are unhappy with your healthcare and treatment, you should consider making a complaint. 

Making a complaint

A complaint can be made about any service provided by a District Health Board (DHB) or any of the DHB's contracted providers. 

Anyone can make a complaint about the care or services they have received. 


Complaints can be made by another person on your behalf, such as a whānau member, friend, parents or consumer advocate. 


Most DHB's will acknowledge having received the complaint within 5 working days, and aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days. 

Contact your District Health Board to make a complaint 

Northland DHB


Auckland DHB


Waitemata DHB


Counties Manukau DHB


Waikato DHB

Hauora Tairāwhiti


Lakes DHB


Taranaki DHB


Hawkes Bay DHB


Whanganui DHB


MidCentral DHB


Wairarapa DHB


Hutt Valley DHB


Capital & Coast DHB


Nelson Marlborough DHB


Canterbury DHB


West Coast DHB


South Canterbury DHB


Southern DHB


Additional Support


You also have the right to involve a health advocate and/or the Health and Disability Commissioner’s office.


The Nationwide Advocacy Service

Freephone: 0800 555 050



The Health and Disability Commissioner

Freephone: 0800 11 22 33


bottom of page